Thinking about creating a video for your FB page, website or blog. I think we all are. The other day I was doing some research on the subject and I found some helpful hints to get you thinking in the right direction. I appolgize in my haste, I forgot to get the URL. But I will keep looking.
- Wear clothing that you are comfortable wearing. If you are not use to wearing a suit, the camera will pick your “vibe” up
- Body language is important, be confident, stand straight and tall. If you are sitting, sit at the edge of the seat
- Small gestures. Hold a pen if neccessary
- SMILE, be confident and be yourself. To me that is probably one of the hardest items to accomplish, I start to smile and my lips begin to quiver.
- Hair, natural looking, not too big, not too small, just right.
- Direct eye contact, imagine your audience right there infront of you.
- Speak SLOWLY, sometimes I slip into” New Yorkease” and I need to remember to SLOW down!
The best advice is to practice, practice, practice. Remember your first speech in high school. Well, instead of being graded by your teacher, you now have a bigger audience. As they say practice makes perfect…well almost anyway.